|Главная Случайная страница
Разделы: Автомобили Астрономия Биология География Дом и сад Другие языки Другое Информатика История Культура Литература Логика Математика Медицина Металлургия Механика Образование Охрана труда Педагогика Политика Право Психология Религия Риторика Социология Спорт Строительство Технология Туризм Физика Философия Финансы Химия Черчение Экология Экономика Электроника
I. Copy the underlined words and word-combinations, translate them into Ukrainian and learn them.
II. Write out the main Henry Maudslay and Joseph Clement’s inventions.
3) What should you know before using a lathe?
What are some things you should do?
- Wear appropriate safety glasses.
- Ensure that lathe has a start/stop button within easy reach of the operator.
- Follow job specifications for the speed, feed and depth of cut for materials being turned. Make sure all work runs true and centered.
- Centre drill work deeply enough to provide support for the piece while it is turning.
- Adjust tool and tool rest so that they are slightly above the centre of the work.
- Use a lifting device to handle heavy chucks or work. Refer to Materials Handling for additional information.
- Inspect chucks for wear or damage. Flying pieces can be very dangerous.
- Remove chuck wrench immediately after adjusting chuck.
- Use a barrier guard when operating the lathe in semi-automatic or automatic mode.
- Guard all power transmission parts.
- Remove all tools, measuring instruments and other objects from saddle or lathe bed before starting machine.
- Ensure that the chip and coolant shields are in place.
- Shut off the power supply to the motor before mounting or removing accessories.
- Stop lathe before taking measurements of any kind.
- Use a vacuum, brush or rake to remove cuttings only after the lathe has stopped moving.
- Keep working surface clean of scraps, tools and materials.
- Keep floor around lathe clean and free of oil and grease.
What are some things you should avoid doing?
- Do not wear gloves, rings, watches or loose clothing. Confine long hair.
- Do not lean on machine. Stand erect; keep your face and eyes away from flying chips.
- Do not place hands on work turning in the lathe.
- Do not use calipers or gauges on a workpiece while machine is moving.
- Do not make heavy cuts on long slender pieces because the work could bend and fly out of the lathe.
- Do not leave lathe unattended while it is running.