|Главная Случайная страница
Разделы: Автомобили Астрономия Биология География Дом и сад Другие языки Другое Информатика История Культура Литература Логика Математика Медицина Металлургия Механика Образование Охрана труда Педагогика Политика Право Психология Религия Риторика Социология Спорт Строительство Технология Туризм Физика Философия Финансы Химия Черчение Экология Экономика Электроника
6.1.1. Прочитайте данные предложения, в которых герундий выполняет функцию подлежащего. Переведите предложения на русский язык
1. Reading is her favourite occupation. 2. Swimming in the cold water was not so pleasant. 3. Watching horror films makes her excited. 4. Being alone was always difficult for her. 5. Being in a good mood is very usual for him. 6. Being late is not polite.
6.1.2. Прочитайте данные предложения, в которых герундий выполняет функцию именной части составного именного сказуемого. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. His greatest pleasure is skating. 2. Dan’s desire is becoming a student in Oxford. 3. Her dream is traveling to Australia one day. 4. My boss is against signing this contract. 5. They are still far from being ready to start. 6. She was for starting at once.
6.1.3. Прочитайте данные предложения, в которых герундий выполняет функцию части составного глагольного сказуемого. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. He avoided speaking on this matter. 2. He bought a camera and started making films of his own. 3. The group stopped climbing the mountain because of bad weather forecast. 4. This fact is worth remembering. 5. The car needs repairing. 6. The children kept on playing.
6.1.4. Прочитайте данные предложения, в которых герундий выполняет функцию определения. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. He has got much experience in teaching. 2. Have you got any reasons of saying this? 3. What are the means of solving this task? 4. We have no intention of making the contract. 5. They realized the importance of coming to the agreement. 6. He has got the possibility of going to Great Britain.
6.1.5, Прочитайте данные предложения, в которых герундий выполняет функцию обстоятельства. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. After signing the contract they left. 2. Before going on business he prepared all the documents. 3. I will do without asking for his advice. 4. Instead of calling she sent him a message. 5. Besides being intelligent she is very sociable. 6. They had a snack after swimming.
6.1.6. Прочитайте данные предложения, в которых герундий выполняет функцию дополнения. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. What do you suggest giving him as a birthday present? 2 If you don’t mind getting stuck in a traffic jam, try going to Moscow by car. 3/ He is afraid of going to the cave alone and getting lost. 4. They are interested in sending him to the conference. 5. He remembered having read the article in some paper. 6/ I don’t fancy walking all that distance. We’d better catch a taxi.
6.1.7. Переведите данные предложения, содержащие Indefinite Gerund Passive, на русский язык.
1. I hate being told lies. 2. Max doesn’t want his dad to come in when he’s got friends in his room. He likes being left on his own. 3. He likes being invited by his friends. 4. She avoided being met by him. 5. He objected to being sent there. 6. The children like being told the fairy tales. 7. They enjoy being invited to the party. 8. Would you mind being asked such questions? 9. He didn’t mind being
left alone. 10. The client demanded being given back all the documents.
6.1.8. Прочитайте предложения, выбрав подходящую по смыслу форму Gerund, данную в скобках. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. He has not forgotten to return the client’s call but he avoids (doing, being done) so. 2. You cannot help (laughing, being laughed) at it. 3. Ann complained of (giving, being given) the documents by the managers when it was too late. 4. Would you mind (examining, being examined) by this doctor? 5. The client demanded (seeing, being seen) the supervisor and complained loudly. 6. You should not risk (planting, being planted) the roses so early. 7. I felt something was wrong because he avoided (asking, being asked) about his family. 8. He is very busy at the moment and objects to (sending, being sent) to this conference.
9. The company have decided to cancel a failing research project to avoid (wasting, being wasted) money. 10. Would you mind (meeting, being met) them at the station?
6.1.9. Составьте предложения с формой Gerund, используя данные пары словосочетаний.
1. prevent from – give up her studies
2. think of – move to the capital city
3. succeed in – go through the exams
4. agree to – come with us
5. do without – take rush decisions
6. can’ t help – laugh at this joke
7. thank for – give a lift
8. be surprised at – see you here
9. get used to – get up early
10. have difficulty in – bring up children
6.1.10. Переделайте предложения по образцу, используя данную конструкцию с герундием.