|Главная Случайная страница
Разделы: Автомобили Астрономия Биология География Дом и сад Другие языки Другое Информатика История Культура Литература Логика Математика Медицина Металлургия Механика Образование Охрана труда Педагогика Политика Право Психология Религия Риторика Социология Спорт Строительство Технология Туризм Физика Философия Финансы Химия Черчение Экология Экономика Электроника
BANKING PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
After studying this unit, you should be able to:
· examine topics and subtopics and predict content related to a variety of products and services the banks offer;
· apply reading skills to comprehend, analyze, and interpret texts related to the role of banks in financial intermediation, key features of banking products and services, the way how financial products and services satisfy the needs of customers (i.e. recognize main ideas in paragraphs, definitions, explanations, examples, classifications, comparisons and contrasts, sequence of events, cause/effect, pros and cons);
· use strategies to reinforce comprehension skills (i.e. use graphic organizers to visualize connections between main ideas and supporting details, cite evidence for main ideas, answer literal and critical comprehension questions);
· identify the main ideas, recall important details of a listening segment pertaining to the banking products and services, take notes from spoken context as well as relate new information to previously acquired concepts;
· give spontaneous and prepared monologs, dialogs, and group interaction using topical vocabulary;
· summarize, annotate, render and translate texts related to the issues covered in the unit.
Exercise1.Discuss these questions.
1. How often do you go to the bank?
2. Which of the following banking products and services do you use?
3. What other products and services does your bank offer?
Exercise 2. Comment on the following quotations. What do the authors mean? Do you agree with them?
1. “Banking gives you a glimpse into what makes companies succeed and what makes companies fail”.( Sally Jewell)
2. “I saw a bank that said '24 Hour Banking,' but I don't have that much time.” (Steven Wright)
3. “They usually have two tellers in my local bank, except when it's very busy, when they have one. ”(Rita Rudner)
Exercise 3. Read the text.