|Главная Случайная страница
Разделы: Автомобили Астрономия Биология География Дом и сад Другие языки Другое Информатика История Культура Литература Логика Математика Медицина Металлургия Механика Образование Охрана труда Педагогика Политика Право Психология Религия Риторика Социология Спорт Строительство Технология Туризм Физика Философия Финансы Химия Черчение Экология Экономика Электроника
Writing. 1. Make up sentences according to the model:
1. Make up sentences according to the model:
A: Is this your book?
B: No, it’s not mine. It’s his.
1) chair/he/you. 2) house/they/we. 3) suitcase/she/I. 4) dog/i/he. 5) children/they/we. 6) flowers/we/she. 7) ticket/ they/I. 8) translation/I/he. 9) wife/he./I. 10) garden/they/we. 11) school/she/he. 12) grandparents/I/she.
2. Open the brackets:
Model: I’m not going to help (you) → I’m not going to help you.
You must do it (you) → You must do it yourself.
1) I’m not going to help (she). She must do the decorations (she). 2) I’m not going to help (he). He must do the painting (he). 3) I’m not going to give (they) a hand. They can do it (they). 4) I’m not going to help the two of (you). You must write whole book (you). 5) It’s not going to help (we). We must repair our car (we). 6) They are not going to help (she). She must clean it (she). 7) I’m not going to help (he) cooking. He must do it (he). 8) They are not going to (we). We must change the engine (we). 9) I’m not going to help (she). She must make the cake (she). 10) He is not going to write this letter for (they). They must do it (they).
3. Replace the words in brackets by the correct personal pronouns. Note that Sue is the person speaking. The (*) means that you are asked a question.
My name is Sue. (Sue)_________ am English. And this is my family.
My mum's name is Angie. (Angie)_______ is from Germany.
Bob is my dad. (My dad)________ is a waiter.
On the left you can see Simon. (Simon)_______ is my brother.
(Sue and Simon)__________ are twins.
Our dog is a girl, Judy. (Judy)__________ is two years old.
(Sue, Simon, Angie and Bob)__________ live in Canterbury.
(Canterbury)_______ is not far from London.
My grandparents live in London. (My grandparents)__________ often come and see us.
What can (*) _________tell me about your family?
4. Use the correct personal pronouns. Watch the words in brackets:
___________ is dreaming. (George)
___________ is green. (the blackboard)
______________ are on the wall. (the posters)
___________ is running. (the dog)
__________ are watching TV. (my mother and I)
__________ are in the garden. (the flowers)
__________ is riding his bike. (Tom)
__________ is from Bristol. (Victoria)
________ has got a brother. (Diana)
Have __________ got a computer, Mandy?
5. Choose the correct personal pronoun:
__________ am sitting on the sofa.
_________ are watching TV.
Are _________ from England?
___________ is going home.
__________ are playing football.
__________ is a wonderful day today.
________ are speaking English.
Is __________ Kevin's sister?
__________ are swimming in the pool.
_________ they in the cinema?
6. Which object form of the personal pronoun can substitute the underlined phrase in the sentence?
The teacher always gives the students homework.
I am reading the book to my little sister.
The boys are riding their bikes.
My father is writing a letter to John.
I don't know the answer.
7. Choose the correct possessive determiners:
_______ name is John. This is______ friend Jason. He's 12. ________ sister is nine. _____ pet is a budgie._______ name is Dickens. Jason and I go to the same school. There are 450 boys and girls in ________ school. Jason's form teacher is Mrs. Peterson. She has got a pet, too.______ pet is a tortoise. Our form teacher is Mr. Smith. I like ______ lessons. He has two dogs. The dogs love to play in_______ garden. Now I have a question for you. What's_______ pet?
8. Choose the correct reflexive pronouns from the dropdown menu:
myself - yourself - himself - herself - itself - ourselves - yourselves – themselves
Robert made this T-shirt _______.
Lisa did the homework __________.
We helped ________ to some cola at the party.
Emma, did you take the photo all by ______?
I wrote this poem _______.
He cut _______ with the knife while he was doing the dishes.
The lion can defend ________.
My mother often talks to________.
Tim and Gerry, if you want more milk, help ____________.
Alice and Doris collected the stickers ___________.
9. Choose one of the following relative pronounswho, which or whosefrom the dropdown menu:
I talked to the girl _________ car had broken down in front of the shop.
Mr. Richards, __________ is a taxi driver, lives on the corner.
We often visit our aunt in Norwich _______ is in East Anglia.
This is the girl_________ comes from Spain.
That's Peter, the boy _________ has just arrived at the airport.
Thank you very much for your e-mail __________ was very interesting.
The man, __________ father is a professor, forgot his umbrella.
The children, __________ shouted in the street, are not from our school.
The car, __________ driver is a young man, is from Ireland.
What did you do with the money __________ your mother lent you?
10. Put in the relative who, which or whose where necessary. Put an X if the relative pronoun can be left out.
This is the boy ______ had an accident.
Yesterday I saw a car _______ was really old.
Mandy is the girl _______ I met on Friday.
I haven't seen Frank, ________ brother is five, for a long time now.
The robber stole the car _________ the lady parked in front of the supermarket.
This is the man __________ house is on fire.
Can I talk to the girl _______ is sitting on the bench?
The book ________ you gave me is great.
She likes hamburgers _________ are hot.
Bill Clinton, _________ was President of the USA, has only one daughter.
11. Write personal and possessive nouns:
I _________ ________ Our
_____ Your You _______
He _______ They ________