|Главная Случайная страница
Разделы: Автомобили Астрономия Биология География Дом и сад Другие языки Другое Информатика История Культура Литература Логика Математика Медицина Металлургия Механика Образование Охрана труда Педагогика Политика Право Психология Религия Риторика Социология Спорт Строительство Технология Туризм Физика Философия Финансы Химия Черчение Экология Экономика Электроника
The Fifth Generation - Present and Beyond: Artificial Intelligence
The fifth generation computing devices, based on artificial intelligence, are still in development, though there are some applications, such as voice recognition, that are being used today. Artificial Intelligence is the branch of computer science concerned with making computers behave like humans. The term was coined in 1956 by John McCarthy at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
(based on: http://silwen.hubpages.com)
2. Give an accurate translation of the listed words and word combinations:
3. Answer the questions:
1. What were the first mechanical devices that somewhat resembled a computer?
2. How can the word “computer” be defined?
3. What are the characteristic features of the first generation computers?
4. When did the first programming languages appear?
5. Did the invention of a transistor have a huge influence on the development of electronics?
6. How long did the third generation last?
7. What did the appearance of integrated circuits allow?
8. What led to the invention of the Internet?
9. What are the fifth generation computing devices based on?
10. Where and when was the term “Artificial Intelligence” coined?