|Главная Случайная страница
Разделы: Автомобили Астрономия Биология География Дом и сад Другие языки Другое Информатика История Культура Литература Логика Математика Медицина Металлургия Механика Образование Охрана труда Педагогика Политика Право Психология Религия Риторика Социология Спорт Строительство Технология Туризм Физика Философия Финансы Химия Черчение Экология Экономика Электроника
I. Complete he conversations. Choose the correct form.
1 I think sport/a sport is boring. – Me too. I hate it.
2 We ought to buy some potato/some potatoes. – OK, I’ll get them.
3 Did you hear noise/a noise in the middle of the night? – No, I don’t think so.
4 Is there cheese/a cheese in this soup? – Yes, a little.
5 I had conversation/ a conversation with Vicky last night. – Oh? What about?
6 Shall I put a chicken/some chicken in your sandwiches? – Yes, please.
7 Are you a pacifist? – Well, I don’t believe in war/ a war, so I suppose I am.
8 It isn’t fair. – No, life/a life just isn’t fair, I’m afraid.
9 What’s the matter? – You’ve got some egg/some eggs on your shirt.
II. Complete the conversations. Put in these nouns: business (x2), experience (x2), glass, iron, light, paper, space, time. Put a/an or some before each noun.
Model: - Did you manage to park in town?
- It took me ages to find a space. And all I wanted was to buy some paper to wrap this present in.
1 - Are you busy tomorrow?
- I’m meeting someone in the office. We’ve got _________________________ to discuss.
2 - Do you think I need to take _______________________________ with me for my shirts?
- Oh, surely the hotel will have one.
3 - I’m going to have some juice, but I can’t find __________________________________.
- If you turned ______________________________ on, you might be able to see properly.
4 - I’ve never met your brother.
- Oh, he’s usually very busy because he runs _________________________. But he’s been ill recently.
The doctor has ordered him to spend __________________________________resting.
5 - How did your interview go?
- Well, I didn’t get the job. I think they really wanted someone with __________________________ of the work, and that’s what I haven’t got. So it was a bit of a waste of time. And the train coming back was two hours late. That’s ____________________________ I don’t want to repeat.
III. Complete Claire’s postcard to her sister. Choose the correct form.
The island is very peaceful. Life/a life is good here. Everybody moves at a nice slow pace. People have time/a time to stop and talk. It’s experience/ an experience I won’t forget for a long time. There aren’t many shops, so I can’t spend all my money, although I did buy painting/ a painting yesterday. Now I’m sitting on the beach reading paper/ a paper. The hotel breakfast is so enormous that I don’t need to have lunch. I’ve just brought orange/an orange with me to eat later. I’ve been trying all the different fruit/fruits grown in this part of the world, and they’re all delicious.