|Главная Случайная страница
Разделы: Автомобили Астрономия Биология География Дом и сад Другие языки Другое Информатика История Культура Литература Логика Математика Медицина Металлургия Механика Образование Охрана труда Педагогика Политика Право Психология Религия Риторика Социология Спорт Строительство Технология Туризм Физика Философия Финансы Химия Черчение Экология Экономика Электроника
Bratsk State University
The Bratsk State University (BrSU) is one of the largest institutions of higher education in the North of Siberia. In 2007 the Bratsk State University celebrated its 50th anniversary. It was established in 1957 as a branch of Russian Correspondence Building-Engineering Institute. The University is situated in Bratsk on the left bank of the Angara. Four educational buildings, Sports Building, workshops, hostels, canteens, cafeterias and a block of flats for teachers make up a whole township.
The Bratsk State University offers excellent education to everyone having general secondary education. Its courses are challenging and rigorous, guided by university's highly qualified academic staff. The quality of teaching is very high in our University It gives education in many areas – economy, mechanics, wood engineering, power engineering, computer programming and so on. The University bases its work on state standard and offers the students very wide and complex education. The academic year at the BrSU starts in September and ends in June.
The BrSU is administrated by Rector and nine Pro-Rectors. It consists of 12 faculties: Mechanical, Wood Engineering, Economic, Power Engineering, Correspondence and others. All the faculties provide full-time and part-time education.
More than 12500 students are educated here in 39 specializations. The applicants are enrolled according to the results of entrance examinations.
Our teachers deliver lectures and hold seminars on different subjects such as: physics, chemistry, higher mathematics, strength of materials, applied electrical engineering, heat and power engineering, motor transport, social sciences, foreign languages and many others.
During the third-fifth years the students specialize in their main areas of interest. In the fifth year they are required to write a diploma work. The aim of it is to train the students in individual research, in planning investigations and in presenting their results in a written report. The diploma work could thus be the beginning of a research career or lead to employment in industry.
After graduating from the University the students get the Diploma in Higher Education.
Our University has good training facilities: lecture-rooms, laboratories, libraries, gymnasiums, computer classes with the latest equipment.
The Bratsk State University keeps in touch with foreign universities and schools.
3. Найдите в тексте английские эквиваленты для следующих русских слов и словосочетаний; напишите их транскрипцию, отчитайте эквиваленты и выучите их наизусть:
4. Найдите в тексте синонимы к следующим словам:
5. Найдите в тексте антонимы к следующим словам:
6. Прочитайте и переведите выражения; назовите в них определяемые слова:
- education provided by a college or university;
- a region of central and eastern Russia stretching from the Ural Mountains to the Pacific Ocean;
- a room, group of rooms, or building in which work, especially mechanical work, is carried on;
- exact or accurate; precise;
- creating a sequence of instructions to enable the computer to do something;
- the head of certain universities, colleges and schools;
- a course of study with reduced time required for the process of studying by intensifying the work;
- a science or field of study, as history, economics, etc., dealing with an aspect of society or forms of social activity;
- classroom where lectures are given;
- to be in close communication, agreement, sympathy;
- receiving a degree or diploma on completing a course of study.
Повторите за диктором вопросительные предложения. Обратите внимание на интонацию данных предложений. Ответьте на поставленные вопросы.
1. Where is the Bratsk State University situated?
2. Is the University administrated by the deans?
3. Are there eight faculties at the University? What are they?
4. What kind of education does our University provide?
5. Each faculty is divided into departments, isn't it?
6. What subjects do students study?
7. When do the students write a diploma work?
8. Can the diploma work lead to employment in industry?
9. After graduating from the University you'll get the Diploma in Higher Education, won't you?
10. Do you live at the hostel?
11. Do you use computers in the computer classes? What for?
12. Do you agree that every highly qualified specialist at any field should have good foreign languages skills?
8. Перескажите текст "Bratsk State University"
1. Прочитайте и выучите следующие слова и словосочетания: