|Главная Случайная страница
Разделы: Автомобили Астрономия Биология География Дом и сад Другие языки Другое Информатика История Культура Литература Логика Математика Медицина Металлургия Механика Образование Охрана труда Педагогика Политика Право Психология Религия Риторика Социология Спорт Строительство Технология Туризм Физика Философия Финансы Химия Черчение Экология Экономика Электроника
Заполните пропуски соответствующей формой глагола to be, to have. 1. That pen black. 2. this book good?
1. That pen … black. 2. … this book good? 3. There … three cups on the table. 4. There … a desk, a sofa, a wardrobe and two armchairs in my room. 5. We usually … got much work to do. 6. Jane … got a lot of children.
Заполните пропуски соответствующими предлогами по смыслу, где это необходимо.
1. Please, take that thick book … the table, Kate. 2. Fred is … home now. 3. Open your book … page 20, please. 4. Tom is … the blackboard. 5. Please, don`t go … there. 6. Whose exercise- books are … the table? 7. Please, go … the desk, Nick, and sit …. 8. Where is Jack? – He is over there. He`s looking … the statue. 9. Mary, write the new words … the blackboard, please. 10. The chairs are … the table.
6. Заполните пропуски прилагательными в соответствующей степени сравнения:
1. Your room is (cold) than mine. 2. Their flat is (expensive) than ours. 3. His article is (good) in our class. 4. English grammar is (easy) than Russian grammar. 5. Peter is (tall) boy in our class. 6. Which of you is (short)? 7. Are the streets in Moscow (clean) now than they were a few years ago?
7. Заполните пропуски в предложениях, используя модальные глаголы can, must, may, should, have to и их эквиваленты. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. Nina is ill. She … stay in bed. 2. Drivers … stop when they see the red light. 3. Betty asked: “… I open the window?” 4. Mary is free tonight. She … go to the disco. 5. You … read the text again. 6. Who … translate this sentence? 7. You … go to Moscow by train or by plane. 8. Don’t wait for him. He … be late. 9. My mother is out. I … to stay at home with my little brother.
Прочитайте текст и ответьте на следующие вопросы:
1. What is Shakespeare famous for?
2. What is Shakespeare’s major achievement as a poet?
3. How can you define a sonnet?
4. What themes do Shakespeare’s sonnets deal with?
1. William Shakespeare is the greatest of all playwrights and poets in the world. Not much is known of his life. He was probably the son of a businessman and was born in 1564 in Stratford-upon-Avon. He attended the local grammar school and got a classical education. In 1582 he married Anne Hathaway and had three children. Little is known of his life before 1592, when he appeared as a playwright in London. Soon he be came an actor playing supporting roles like the ghost in "Hamlet". In 1599 Shakespeare became a part owner of the Globe Theatre in London.
2. Shakespeare's work as a playwright is subdivided into three periods. Written in the first period, Shakespeare's plays are mostly historic plays like "Henry VI", and comedies with strong elements of farce ("The Comedy of Errors"). His masterpiece of this period is "Romeo and Juliet".
3. In the second period Shakespeare wrote a number of comedies where he moved away from farce towards romance ("As You Like It"). In the third period, after 1600, his major tragedies - "Hamlet", "Othello" appeared. They presented a clear opposition of order to chaos, good to evil.
4. Shakespeare was a great poet. His major achievement as a poet is his sonnets, first published in 1609. A sonnet is a poem consisting of 14 lines, with a moral at the end. The sonnets are addressed to some "W. H." and to the mysterious "Dark Lady of Sonnets". The sonnets deal with the great themes of love, friendship, death, change and immortality. Shakespeare's sonnets are excellent. They are full of harmony and music; they praise love, friendship and beauty, though there is no sentimentality in them.
5. Shakespeare's poetry is at the summit of human achievements. Many centuries have passed since his death in 1616, but Shakespeare is still considered to be the greatest of all playwrights and poets.
Переведите в письменной форме абзацы 1, 4, 5.
3. Напишите предложения в вопросительной, а затем в отрицательной форме и переведите их на русский язык:
1. Ben and John are the best students in our class.
2. This magazine is very interesting.
3. He has got a very expensive car.
4. There were two beds in my room.
5. This is my brother’s flat.
Заполните пропуски соответствующей формой глагола to be, to have.
1. This … a nice school. 2. … that your exercise book? 3. There … twenty students in our group. 4. There … a balcony in my flat. 5. Do your children often … colds? 6. They … their English in the morning.