|Главная Случайная страница
Разделы: Автомобили Астрономия Биология География Дом и сад Другие языки Другое Информатика История Культура Литература Логика Математика Медицина Металлургия Механика Образование Охрана труда Педагогика Политика Право Психология Религия Риторика Социология Спорт Строительство Технология Туризм Физика Философия Финансы Химия Черчение Экология Экономика Электроника
Упражнение 1.Объясните употребление времен группы Continuous, переведите предложения.
A. 1.1 am at my English lesson. I am sitting and doing my exercises. My friend is not sitting, he is standing at the blackboard and looking at me. 2. It is getting cold now, isn't it? Look out. Is it raining now? 3. You are late. What were you doing? — I was translating a text. 4. When I came home my parents were having supper and at the same time they were watching TV. 5. What was he doing when I rang up an hour ago? He was looking through a newspaper when I rang up. 6. Tomorrow we shall be preparing for a test for the whole evening. 7. In July they will be taking their exams for the whole month. 8. What will you be doing tonight at 10 o'clock? Will you be working? No, I shall be reading a book at this hour.
B. 1. New Metro lines are being built now in Moscow. 2. What is going on? A new film is being discussed. 3. What grammar was being explained when you came in? 4. What questions were being discussed at that time? 5. New methods of research are being used in our lab. 6. Much is being done to improve laboratory methods.
Упражнение 2. Выберите правильную форму глагола.
1. We (are translating, translate) a technical text now. 2. We usually (are not translating, do not translate) stories. 3. She (does not look, is not looking) through all the newspapers every evening. 4. He (looked, was looking) through a newspaper when the telephone rang. 5. What (were, was) you doing a minute ago? I (was watching, watched) television. 6.1 (watch, am watching) television every day. 7.1 had a late night, I (worked, was working) until midnight. S.Yesterday he (worked, was working) a lot. 9. The students (had, were having) an interesting discussion when the teacher came in. 10. The students often (have, are having) interesting discussions after lectures. 11.When he comes they (will be taking, will take) a test. 12. They (will be taking, will take) a test next week. 13. Where is Ann? She is in the coffee shop. She (has, is having) a cup of coffee. She always (has, is having) a cup of coffee in the evening.
Упражнение З. Поставьте глагол в соответствующем времени в зависимости от обстоятельства.
This student (study) physics (at present, every day, last semester, when the telephone rang, tomorrow at this time, next semester).
Упражнение 4. Переведите предложения.
1. Сейчас у нас урок английского языка. Преподаватель стоит у доски и объясняет новую грамматику. Студенты внимательно слушают и записывают. 2. Где вы были вчера после эбеда? Я был дома весь день. Я писал письмо друзьям. 3. Что гы делал пять минут назад? 4.На нашей улице произошел несчастный случай (accident). Я смотрел в окно, когда он произошел. 5. Что будет делать твоя сестра в 8 часов вечера? Она эудет выполнять домашнее задание. 6. Какие вопросы будут обсуждаться сегодня на собрании? — Приходите в 12 часов. Будет обсуждаться очень интересный вопрос. 7. Когда мы приехали в город, там строился новый спортклуб.
Упражнение 5. Переведите предложения с it в различных функциях.
1. It is autumn. It is the 3rd of October. It is dark in the morning and it is difficult to get up. 2. It is a new subject. It is very im portant for our future speciality. We shall study it for two years. It will be our future speciality, but we do not know much about it in the first year. 3. It is known that the knowledge of general engineering subjects is the basis for the study of special subjects. 4. It seems that he works a lot. 5. It is said that the chemistry laboratory of our institute is good. 6. The student finds it difficult to translate such a text without a dictionary. 7. It was not easy to study at the institute. 8. It is important to understand the fundamentals of this science. 9. It was A.S. Popov who invented the radio. 10. It is the knowledge of general engineering subjects that is the basis of engineering training.
Упражнение 6. Переведите предложения с one в различных функциях.
1. One must study a lot to become an engineer. 2. We must write only one exercise now. 3. Engineer is one of the most important professions, it is the one that is taught at technical institutes. 4. One cannot translate such an article without a dictionary in the first year. 5. One must have a very good knowledge of general engineering subjects to become a good engineer. 6. One must pass all exams well to enter an institute. 7. Last summer I read many English articles, and my friend read some German ones. 8. This summer we shall spend in the country, the last one we spent in the city. 9. We translated many texts, but there is one more text to translate. 10. One can take this journal from the library.
Упражнение 7. Переведите предложения с that в различных функциях.
1. That student studies in our group. 2. Do you know those girls? They are from our institute. 3. The professor that lectures on mechanics is the dean of our faculty. 4. It is known that the knowledge of general engineering subjects is the basis for the study of special subjects. 5. We know that the study of general engineering subjects is necessary for future engineers. 6. That higher education in this country is excellent is known to everybody. 7. The aim of today's foreign policy is that peace in the world should be permanent. 8. The programme for the first-year students differs from that of the third-year students. 9. There are many interesting articles in this journal, read those on your speciality. 10. It is the high qualification of future specialists that will determine the scientific and technological progress of any country.
Упражнение 8. Дайте недостающие степени сравнения.
(the) biggest, longer, faster, (the) hardest, (the) heaviest, thinner, narrower, lower, (the) greatest, newer, colder, (the) hottest, (the) shortest, less, (the) worst, more.
Упражнение 9. Поставьте прилагательные в сравнительной или превосходной степени.
1. Moscow University is (large) University in Europe. 2. Strength of materials is (difficult) than chemistry. 3. Is it (interesting) to study at the institute than at school? 4. My friend works (hard) at his English than I. 5. My brother is (old) than I but he is (short). 6. The University is one of the (tall) buildings in Moscow. 7. Days in summer are (long) than in winter. 8. This group studies (good) than that one. 9. Oxford is (old) University in Britain.
Упражнение 10. Ответьте на следующие вопросы.
1. Which is the most difficult subject for you? 2. Which is the easiest subject? 3. Which of the subjects is more difficult: physics or mathematics? 4. Who is the tallest in your group? 5. Which is the most interesting subject for you? 6. Is English as difficult as mathematics?
Упражнение 11. Заполните пропуски словами than, as ... as, not so ... as.
I. In winter days are ... long ... in summer. 2. Chemistry is... difficult ... physics. 3.1 study English ... long ... my friend. 4. My sister is older ... I. 5. English is ... so difficult... mathematics. 6. Moscow is bigger ... Tallinn. 7. This machine is ... old ... that one. 8. The new transistor is more powerful... the old one. 9. The task of school education is ... important... that of higher education. 10. John is ... tall ... his brother, but he is ... tall ... his father.
Упражнение 12. Переведите обороты в сравнительной степени согласно образцу:
The longer the nights, the shorter the days. Чем длиннее ночи, тем короче дни.
1. The harder we study, the more we know. 2. The more you work, the better you know English. 3. The more we study nature, the more we know about it. 4. The nearer the earth is, the denser the atmosphere is. 5. The stronger the wind, the harder the conditions of work for weather observers. 6. The quicker we finish, the sooner we will go home.
Упражнение 13. Найдите в каждом ряду прилагательные в сравнительной степени и переведите их.
teacher, taller, thermometer, thinker worker, weather, worse, writer bomber, brother, brighter, barometer;
darker, driver, denser, dancer bigger, best, builder, better father, farther, foreigner, faster earlier, easier, eater, engineer compressor, computer, colder, closer meter, mover, more, motor.