|Главная Случайная страница
Разделы: Автомобили Астрономия Биология География Дом и сад Другие языки Другое Информатика История Культура Литература Логика Математика Медицина Металлургия Механика Образование Охрана труда Педагогика Политика Право Психология Религия Риторика Социология Спорт Строительство Технология Туризм Физика Философия Финансы Химия Черчение Экология Экономика Электроника
3. Mind the text “The TV Blackout” by Art Buchwald and with the help of the questions describethe events in 10-15 sentences.
1. Why did the panic set in the Bufkins’ house?
2. What did father learn about his children?
3. What did Bufkins tell the members of his family about himself?
4. Why did Bufkins come to the conclusion that a TV blackout is the best time for a man to get to know his family?
.Mr. Bufkins was a Coach potato addicted to TV. One day panic set in the Bufkins’ house
because New York city had a blackout.All nine television stations in the area went out for several hours.Mr. Bufkins spent all his time watching TV he didn’t pay attention to his family. He didn’t recognize his wife Edith at first and children .During the TV blackout he learnt that his children Henry and Mary ( thirteen and fourteen ) both went to High School.
Mr. Bufkins told his wife that he had become anaccountant and he changed his job two years ago (he used to be a salesman). Mr. Bufkins was so addicted to TV that didn’t he know that his elder daughter Suisy, had got married a year ago while he was watching the World Series on TV. Bufkins came to the conclusion that a TV blackout is the best time for a man to get to know his family. He really wanted to know more about his family