|Главная Случайная страница
Разделы: Автомобили Астрономия Биология География Дом и сад Другие языки Другое Информатика История Культура Литература Логика Математика Медицина Металлургия Механика Образование Охрана труда Педагогика Политика Право Психология Религия Риторика Социология Спорт Строительство Технология Туризм Физика Философия Финансы Химия Черчение Экология Экономика Электроника
Choose the correct answer.
1. The doctor asked me to ….. to the waist.
a) bare b) strip c) take off d) undress
2. The nurse put a ….. round Peter's bleeding knee.
a) bandage b) belt c) ribbon d) scarf
3. He had injured his arm badly and had to keep it in a …… for several weeks.
a) cradle b) litter c) sling d) stretcher
4. When he finally ….. , he couldn't remember what had happened.
a) came round b) held back c) stood back d) wore off
5. The doctor told her that her temperature was ….. .
a) current b) familiar c) habitual d) normal
6. He is ….. dark glasses to protect his eyes from the sun.
a) bearing b) carrying c) fitting d) wearing
7. The ambulance men took the injured climber down the mountain on …. .
a) a bedstead b) a cot c) a couch d) a stretcher
8. Although the patient's condition is serious, she seems to be out of …… .
a) control b) danger c) order d) place
9. If he loses consciousness, give him a sip of brandy to bring him …. .
a) back b) over c) round d) up
10. With every ….. he took, he got more and more tired.
a) foot b) march c) step d) walk
11.My sister works in a home for the deaf and ….. .
a) dumb b) mute c) speechless d) voiceless
12. Make sure you ….. your food properly before you swallow it.
a) bite b) chew c) crunch d) eat
13. The fact is, doctor, I just cannot ….. this dreadful cough.
a) get down to b) get out of c) get rid of d) get round to
14. The doctor took his temperature and felt his ….. .
a) blood b) muscle c) pulse d) vein
15. While he was in hospital, his wound was ….. twice a day.
a) changed b) cured c) dressed d) healed
16. After a quick ….. at the patient the doctor rang for an ambulance.
a) gaze b) glance c) glimpse d) stare
17. Apply direct ….. on the wound to stop severe bleeding.
a) compression b) contraction c) pressure d) restriction
18. The man who was taken to hospital had been ….. for three hours.
a) indifferent b) insensitive c) unconscious d) unfeeling
19. The injured man was taken to hospital on ….. .
a) an ambulance b) a bed c) a sling d) a stretcher
20. After any hard or prolonged exercise it is advisable to check your ….. .
a) brain waves b) eyesight c) mental balance d) pulse rate
105. The following problems and pieces of advice have got all mixed up. Can you match them correctly?
106. Read the advertisement and try to explain the idioms in bold. Then, look at the picture and say which idiom it represents.
DOCTOR HERBERT'S CURE-ALL LIFE TONIC
Unlike some "remedies", whose creators' claims have to 1) be taken with a pinch of salt,DR. HERBERT'S LIFE TONIC IS NO GIMMICK!
Whether you're 2)at death's dooror simply, feeling a bit 3) off colour,Dr Herbert’s Life Tonic will have you feeling 4) full of beansagain in no time. But don't just take our word for it. Mr Jethro Franklin of Dodgeville, Texas, had been suffering from heart problems and severe back pains for over ten years, before he turned to Dr Herbert for help.
"I hadbeen 5) going downhillfor a long, long time before I came to Dr Herbert. I had lost so much weight that I was 6) nothing but skin and bone,and on most days I couldn't even get out of bed in the mornings! However, Dr Herbert's Life Tonic changed all that. I was just 7) a shadow of my former selfwhen I started taking his Life Tonic, but I was 8) up and about again in just two weeks. That was just six months ago and now I feel 9) as strong as an ox– in fact, after giving me just three months to live last year my doctor now says that I should live to a 10) ripe old age!"
DON’T DELAY FOR THE CURE-ALL REMEDY,
GET DR. HERBERT'S LIFE TONIC TODAY!