|Главная Случайная страница
Разделы: Автомобили Астрономия Биология География Дом и сад Другие языки Другое Информатика История Культура Литература Логика Математика Медицина Металлургия Механика Образование Охрана труда Педагогика Политика Право Психология Религия Риторика Социология Спорт Строительство Технология Туризм Физика Философия Финансы Химия Черчение Экология Экономика Электроника
PLACEMENT TEST. І. Point out the verbals and comment on their form and function.
І. Point out the verbals and comment on their form and function.
1. To go there alone is out of the question..
2. When I walked past the park, I saw some children playing badminton.
3. As the storm approached, the birds stopped singing.
4. I appreciate having been told the news.
5. I didn’t expect to be invited to his party.
6. The children promised not to play quietly and not to make so much noise.
7. Teasing animals is cruel.
8. While waiting for my plane, I watched other planes taking off and landing.
9. I went to the bank to have the check cashed.
10. The rain seems to have stopped.
11. I insist on being told the truth now.
12. Having lived in a hot country for several years, he got used to tropical climate.
13. She is very worried about having written that check, as she doesn’t have enough money on her account to cover it.
14. Nobody enjoys being laughed at by other people.
15. It’s unusual for Jane to wake up early in the morning.
ІІ. Supply an appropriate form for each verb in parenthesis.
1. I’m angry at him for (tell, not) ____ me the truth.
2. It’s easy (fool) ___ by his lies.
3. I enjoy (watch) ___TV in the evening.
4. Don’t all of us want (love) ___ and (need) ___ by other people?
5. I have to go. There is a lot of work (wait) ___ for me (do) ___.
6. You had better (go) ___ to the garden and (have) ___ some rest.
7. (Drive) ___ to Atlanta will take us ten hours.
8. Jane is fortunate (give) ___ a scholarship.
9. (Cross) ___ a busy street, he stopped and looked around.
10. The travel agent advised us (wait) ___ till August.
11. Most children prefer (watch) __ TV to (listen) ___ to the radio.
12. I’m getting tired. I need (take) ___ a break.
13. Could you please stop (whistle ____ ? I’m trying (concentrate) ___ on my work.
14. What a mess! This room needs (clean) ____ up.
15. They admired the stars (twinkle) ___ in the sky.