|Главная Случайная страница
Разделы: Автомобили Астрономия Биология География Дом и сад Другие языки Другое Информатика История Культура Литература Логика Математика Медицина Металлургия Механика Образование Охрана труда Педагогика Политика Право Психология Религия Риторика Социология Спорт Строительство Технология Туризм Физика Философия Финансы Химия Черчение Экология Экономика Электроника
Разделите текст на логические части и озаглавьте их
9. Прочитайте следующие тексты и ответьте на вопросы:
1. What is the main idea of the text?
2. Do you agree with the author’s point of view?
3. What’s your own opinion?
1. Gradually more and more patients came to see Freud, and with each patient he tried to learn something new about his work. He also tried to analyze himself. He realized that some of the ideas that affect people are unconscious – we don’t know about them though they are in our own minds. Freud said that people may do things without knowing the real reason why they are doing it.
gradually – постепенно;
affect – влиять;
unconscious – бессознательный;
2. The education of children starts as soon as they are born; girls wear pink and boys wear blue; boys play with guns and girls play with dolls. Boys are allowed to make more noise and cause more trouble, while girls are supposed to be more interested in talking to and understanding people. This kind of education prepares boys for power in the world but for little else.
3. Some doctors give names to these two personality types: Type A and type B people. Type As work very hard, worry a lot, and are often bad-tempered. Type Bs are the opposite. They don’t worry. Work’s not so important to them and they don’t get angry easily. They like to relax a lot and have fun. The doctors say it is better for your health and your heart if you are a Type B person. So what are you? Type A or type B?
4. Fear is a terrible thing. I suppose, if I asked you what you were afraid of, you would answer lions or tigers or mice, or ghosts, heights, or some other wild animal. Perhaps you would reply that you were afraid when you walked in the forest alone on a dark windy night; when you were alone in the house and the wind moved the bushes in the dark outside. Fear can take many forms, but really, most of the time, we are only slightly frightened, not terrified.
А) о вашей специальности;
В) о роли вашей специальности в обществе.
1. Прочитайте, запомните следующие слова и словосочетания:
Прочитайте и переведите текст.