|Главная Случайная страница
Разделы: Автомобили Астрономия Биология География Дом и сад Другие языки Другое Информатика История Культура Литература Логика Математика Медицина Металлургия Механика Образование Охрана труда Педагогика Политика Право Психология Религия Риторика Социология Спорт Строительство Технология Туризм Физика Философия Финансы Химия Черчение Экология Экономика Электроника
The nouns using the suffix
-th: wide, grow, long, warm, deep, true, strong
XI. Translate the following sentences paying attention to the use of the verbs 'to be', 'to have', 'should':
1. Hypertension is a dangerous disease. 2. Hypertension is treated with special antihypertensive drugs. 3. We see that in this patient the symptoms of hypertension are disappearing slowly. 4. A patient with hypertension is usually in the clinic. 5. A patient with hypertension is to follow a definite course of treatment. 6. The patient has a deep wound in his leg. 7. The surgeon has just examined a deep wound in the patient's leg. 8. The surgeon has to examine the patient with a deep wound in his leg. 9. You should report me on any changes in the patient's condition. 10. One should remember that white blood cell count increases (nearly) almost in all diseases.
ХП. Translate the words given in brackets into English and then translate the sentences:
1. To fight against any infectious disease successfully a doctor (должен) know its origin. 2. The redness on the lateral surface of the arm (может) disappear after the treatment. 3. To determine the origin of the tobacco mosaic disease Ivanovsky (должен был) carry out many experiments on the plants. 4. The doctor (следует) know all the properties of a drug before he gives it to the patient. 5. At the next conference one of the researchers of this laboratory (нужно будет) report on his discovery in detail. 6. The medical students (будет разрешено) operate on the patients only in the fifth year. 7. It is only in the presence of oxygen that aerobic microorganisms (могут) multiply rapidly.
XIII. Choose the appropriate word from those given in brackets, iranslate the following sentences:
1. (Somebody, something) has estimated that normally you breathe 25,920 times a day breathing in about 450 cubic feet of air. 2. Lately a new group of viruses called adenoviruses have been isolated from the human intestine and respiratory tract in tissue cultures. It has been determined that their presence produced (nothing, anything) pathologic. 3. (Everyone, everything) should remember that the connection of any virus with the body tissues considerably changes their properties. 4. (Everybody, everything) knows that when a virus invades the cell it multiples there and produces a number of pathologic processes.
XIV. Read and translate the sentences paying attention to the words in bold type:
1. The researcher failed to draw any conclusion from his numerous experiments. 2. The X-ray examination failed to prove the consolidation in the lung. 3. Nobody failed (at) the examination in Physiology. 4. Sometimes in the man with impaired health phagocytes fail to destroy the invading microorganisms. 5. He failed in Biochemistry as he had not paid enough attention to this subject.
XV. Answer the following questions:
1. Why ar.e bacteria dangerous for people? 2. Who was the first scientist to extract penicillin in its pure form? 3. What antibacterial drugs were discovered in the 20th century? 4. What main property have phagocytes? 5. What kind of environment is favourable for the growth of anae-robic microorganisms? 6. What may occur when bacteria invade the human organism? 7. What do pathogenic microorganisms produce? 8. What organs are covered with mucus?
XVI. Read Text F. Answer the teacher's questions and retell the text: