|Главная Случайная страница
Разделы: Автомобили Астрономия Биология География Дом и сад Другие языки Другое Информатика История Культура Литература Логика Математика Медицина Металлургия Механика Образование Охрана труда Педагогика Политика Право Психология Религия Риторика Социология Спорт Строительство Технология Туризм Физика Философия Финансы Химия Черчение Экология Экономика Электроника
be afraid of (smth/smb)- бояться чего-л./кого-л.
ask for smth - (по)просить что-л.
belong to smb- принадлежать кому-л.
depend on- зависеть от
explain smth to smb - объяснять что-л. кому-л.
be good at smth- иметь способности к чему-л.
happen to- случаться, происходить
laugh at smth., smb.- смеяться над чем-л., кем-л.
listen to smb/smth - слушать кого-л./что-л.
look at smth.- смотреть на что-л.;~ for- искать; ~ after - присматривать, заботиться; ~ through- просматривать (бумаги, газеты)
pay attention to smth., smb.- обращать внимание на что-л.,
a reason for smth.- причина чего-л.
speak to (with) smb- говорить с кем-л.
wait for smb/smth- ждать кого-л./чего-л.
Ex. 1. Fill the blanks with the following prepositions: in, on, at, from, since, by, for:
1. He bought the car … August.
2. Everyone finished dinner … 7 o'clock.
3. I have known Dan … many years.
4. I have been waiting … him … 6 o'clock.
5. His office hours are … ten … six.
6. He will be back … a minute.
7. They had done everything … 7 o'clock.
8. You must give the answer … Monday.
9. Let's meet … the theatre.
10. I'll call you back … some minutes.
Ex. 2. Choose the right preposition and fill the blanks:
1. A - among; B – between
1. Bus № 15 runs … Piccadilly Circus and Trafalgar Square. 2. They like to walk in the forest … the high trees. 3. Where is Ann? She is sitting … Tom and Jack. 4. I can't find my handkerchief … all those things. 5. This electric train goes … the town and the country. 6. Your book is … those, lying on the table. 7. These two boys often quarrel … themselves. 8. Tom has a lot of things in his pocket, a little penknife is … them. 9. Let it stay … you and me. 10. He is lying on the grass … beautiful flowers.
Ex. 3. . A - above; B - below; C - over; D – under
1. This staircase leads … to the second floor. 2. I can see everything from … . 3. The child is still … five. 4. Pay attention to the mentioned facts. Let's talk them … . 5. He likes to stand on the hill-top and look at the plains … him. 6. The new bridge … the river is very beautiful. 7. It's cold today. What's the temperature? - It's 15 degrees … zero. 8. Birds are flying … our heads. 9. He likes to pull his hat … his eyes. 10. A. Pushkin is famous all … the world. 11. The cat is lying … the chair. 12. His coat reaches … (lower) the knee. 13. The film is … . Let's go out. 14. … these circumstances it is impossible to fulfill my promise. 15. I often listen to the latest news … the radio.
Ex. 4. A - about; B - after; C - before; D - till; C – until
1. I'll wait for you at … 6 o'clock. 2. What happened … I left you? 3. There are many important tasks … us. 4. We shall work … late at night. 5. They are walking … the park. 6. There are … 30 pupils in our class. 7. He continued his work … dinner. 8. Wait … the rain stops. 9. Pete will be at school from nine … two o'clock. 10. Who are you speaking … ? 11. They left the room one … another. 12. We shall see him … long. 13. They were … to leave when I came. 14. The workers will finish their work … the end of the week. 15. What's the time now? It's … five o'clock.
Ex. 5. Fill the blanks with prepositions:
1. What happened … your friend? 2. Don't laugh … people in trouble. 3. It all depends … the situation. 4. He needs a nurse to look … him. 5. I'll wait … you outside. 6. I'm not going to listen … his stories again. 7. She paid no attention … my words. 8. Look … the lights before you cross the road. 9. Are you afraid … mice? 10. Is he still looking … a job? 11. Will you help me to look … these papers, please? 12. He is good … playing chess. 13. Will you explain this grammar rule … me, please? 14. He is always asking … money. 15. Could I speak … you? 16. What is the reason … her leaving? 17. This book belongs … my father.