|Главная Случайная страница
Разделы: Автомобили Астрономия Биология География Дом и сад Другие языки Другое Информатика История Культура Литература Логика Математика Медицина Металлургия Механика Образование Охрана труда Педагогика Политика Право Психология Религия Риторика Социология Спорт Строительство Технология Туризм Физика Философия Финансы Химия Черчение Экология Экономика Электроника
Ex. 11. Point out the sentences with the Complex Object and translate them.
1. I expect her letter. 2. I believe him in this question. 3. Our English teacher makes us learn the words for every lesson. 4. I believe him to know this subject well. 5. I expect her to send me a letter. 6. We’ll consider this question first. 7. I saw my friend at the dancing hall yesterday. 8. We consider this question to be very important. 9. We did not expect to meet them here. 10. I saw my friend enter the dancing hall. 11. Physical training makes us stronger. 12. We did not expect them to meet us here.
Ex. 12. Translate the sentences with the Complex Object.
1. We know him to be a great scientist. 2. I expect him to understand my problem. 3. Our teacher would like me to translate this text. 4. They consider their teacher to be a good specialist. 5. I can not make my brother review the whole material. 6. The teacher wanted us to rewrite the test. 7. We heard him have entered the Military Academy. 8. I saw my friend leave the room. 9. She liked him to send her flowers.
The Nominative with the Infinitive – Complex Subject
(именительный падеж с инфинитивом –
Оборот "именительный падеж с инфинитивом" состоит из существительного в общем падеже или местоимения в именительном падеже и инфинитива. Действие, обозначаемое инфинитивом, выполняет лицо или предмет, который выражен местоимением или существительным. В предложении такой оборот является сложным подлежащим (Complex Subject). На русский язык он переводится неопределенно-личным предложением типа говорят, что …; известно, что …; сообщают, что …; кажется, что … и т. п.
Оборот "именительный падеж с инфинитивом" употребляется:
1) когда сказуемое выражено следующими глаголами в страдательном залоге:
to say говорить (is, are / was, were said)
to see видеть (is, are / was, were seen)
to hear слышать (is, are / was, were heard)
to find находить, обнаруживать (is, are / was, were found)
to show показывать, доказывать (is, are / was, were shown)
to think полагать, думать (is, are / was, were thought)
to know знать (is, are / was, were know)
to report сообщать (is, are / was, were reported)
to suppose предполагать (is, are / was, were supposed)
to expect ожидать, полагать (is, are / was, were expected)
to consider считать, рассматривать (is, are / was, were considered)
to believe полагать (is, are / was, were believed)
to assume допускать (is, are / was, were assumed)
2) когда сказуемое выражено следующими глаголами в действительном залоге:
to seem казаться
to appear оказаться
to prove оказаться
to happen случаться
3) когда сказуемое выражено сочетанием слов:
to be likely вероятно
to be unlikely маловероятно
to be certain несомненно, конечно
to be sure безусловно, верно
to be hardly едва ли
Ex. 13. Point out the sentences with the Complex Subject and
1. His novels are said to be interesting. 2. He is known as an outstanding writer. 3. Our teacher is sure to come on time. 4. She is said to know two foreign languages. 5. His lectures might be useful. 6. Mr. Smith is known to be an outstanding diplomat. 7. These detectives proved to work well. 8. This article appeared in the latest magazine. 9. They proved their alibi. 10. This article appeared to be very important. 11. Our teacher is sure that we’ll write a dictation. 12. This plan proved to be a success. 13. He is hardly to come soon.
Ex. 14. Translate the sentences with the Complex Subject.
1. They are said to work much at their English. 2. The experiment is certain to be a success. 3. Your friend is sure to like your present. 4. He is supposed to be a very good detective. 5. She does not seem to take anybody’s advice. 6. He is known to be preparing for his exam. 7. They seem to have finished their work. 8. The cadets are known to have been studying English for eight months. 9. This article appears to have been published in the latest magazine. 10. His lectures were said to be popular with both old and young.
Ex. 15. Read and translate the sentences with: 1) Complex Object;