|Главная Случайная страница
Разделы: Автомобили Астрономия Биология География Дом и сад Другие языки Другое Информатика История Культура Литература Логика Математика Медицина Металлургия Механика Образование Охрана труда Педагогика Политика Право Психология Религия Риторика Социология Спорт Строительство Технология Туризм Физика Философия Финансы Химия Черчение Экология Экономика Электроника
EXERCISE 13a — Complete the sentences with phrasal verbs from this section. Be sure the phrasal verbs are in the correct tense.
1. The judge ________ her ________ with a warning.
2. It wasn't cold enough, so we ________ ________ the hockey game.
3. As soon as Nancy's boyfriend went to the washroom,the guy at the next table ________ ________ her.
4. Every Christmas my father used to ________ ________ our house with thousands
5. The police finally ________ the killers ________ and arrested them.
6. The principal caught me as I was _______ _______ a cigarette in the washroom.
7. The room that was damaged by the fire was ________ ________ to the public.
8. I was really angry that I was ________ ________ the list.
9. That's a great idea! You've really ________ ________ something.
10. Three students got a zero because their projects weren't ______ ______ on time.
11. Driver, can you ________ me ________ at the next corner?
12. Dr. Smith resumed his lecture where he had ________ ________ before the lunch break.
13. After Wilson screwed up the finance department, he was asked to ________ _________ his letter of resignation.
14. Even though the enemy soldiers were half a mile away, we ________ ________
a few shots.
15. The crooked police officers were ordered to ________ their badges ________.
EXERCISE 13b — Write three sentences using the objects in parentheses. Be sure to put the objects in the right place.
1. The bride hasn't called off. (the wedding, it) ________ ________ ________
2. Are they closing off? (the gallery, it) ________ ________ ________
3. The accountant handed in. (her report, it) ________ ________ ________
4. Have you left off? (Carmen, her) ________ ________ ________
5. The judge let off. (the pickpocket, him) ________ ________ ________
6.I told him not to light up. (the cigarette, it) ________ ________ ________
7. The EPA tracked down. (the polluters, them) ________ ________ ________