|Главная Случайная страница
Разделы: Автомобили Астрономия Биология География Дом и сад Другие языки Другое Информатика История Культура Литература Логика Математика Медицина Металлургия Механика Образование Охрана труда Педагогика Политика Право Психология Религия Риторика Социология Спорт Строительство Технология Туризм Физика Философия Финансы Химия Черчение Экология Экономика Электроника
TRAVEL BY TRAIN
1. Have you ever been abroad? Where have you been?
2. Are you planning on going anywhere for your next vacation? If so, where?
Who with? How long will you stay?
3. Are you afraid of going abroad alone?
4. Could you live in another country for the rest of your life?
5. Describe the most interesting person you met on one of your travels.
6. What was your best trip by train?
7. What was your worst trip by train?
8. Do you like to travel with your parents? Why or why not?
9. Do you prefer to travel alone or in a group? Why?
10. Have you ever been in a difficult situation while traveling?
a railway ticket, railroad ticket; one-way ticket, single; return ticket ; round trip ticket ;ticket machine ;reduced fare ticket ;child’s ticket ;first class ticket ;adult fare;child fare ;single fare; to get in line for a ticket ;to buy ticket in advance; fare;
on time; train schedule; porter, red cap (Am.) ;track - track ;fast train ;slow train ;sleeper train ; passenger train; through train ; electric train ; express train; mail train ; long-distance train; suburban train ; railway accommodation; train service; announcer ; guard / attendant schedule; berth / bunk; carriage / car ;sleeping car / sleeper; dining car ; smoking-car; soft-seated carriage; compartment; arrival;
Train travel is becoming ever more popular. Amtrak, the U.S. national passenger rail company, reports that ridership continues to grow each year. The UK's Office of Rail Regulation's statistics show similarly increases in both passenger kilometers and numbers of passenger journeys. There's every reason to believe train travel will continue to attract more passengers as fuel prices climb and travelers consider alternate modes of transportation.
Statistics aside, the question for vacationers is, "Should I travel by train instead of by air, bus or car?" The answer depends not only on your budget but also on your destination, desired comfort level and itinerary.
As you plan your vacation, you'll need to consider the pros and cons of train travel before you decide how you'll get from place to place. Here are some factors to keep in mind.