|Главная Случайная страница
Choose the best answer for each of gaps in these travel-related sentences.
1. The Chicago train leaves from ______ 4.
2. Before getting on the train, make sure you get a ticket from the ______.
a) ticket office
b) box office
c) waiting room
d) check in
3. I had so much ______ on the train, but this nice man helped me when we arrived in Paris.
4. I got into St. Louis too late and I missed my ______ to New Orleans.
2. Now, complete the sentences below with the best answer:
1. During rush hour, there are so many people on the train that all of the seats are taken, so it's ______________ if you want to ride.
A. empty B. fare C. standing room only
2. The conductor just made ______________ that the train would be delayed for about 15 minutes due to an accident.
A. an announcement B. a reservation C. a train pass
3. These seats are reserved for senior citizens and the physically impaired, so you might have to ___________ your seat if needed.
A. take B. give up C. remove
3. Choose the correct word (from the list on the right) to complete each of the following sentences:
1) I don't have my _______ identification card.
2) 2) I don't have any _______ . Can I pay by credit card?
3) I _______ my ticket
4) I _______ my train.
5) We can't find the ________ that our train leaves from.
6) Are the _______ occupied?
7) I asked for a ______ seat because I like to sleep on trains.
8) ) My window won't close ________ ( = all the way). Can you fix it?
9) Why is there such a long _________?
10) I'm hungry. Is there a restaurant _______ on this train?